Black Friday My Way

My Black Friday will begin like that of many other people. The alarm will go off at 4 a.m. urging me to drag my mashed potato and gravy filled body from the comfort of my bed. The difference is that my clock is a cat. Boris begins his day before the sun rises by meowing incessantly in multiple octaves then leaping behind the window blinds followed by a catapult back out landing his 15 pound form onto my shoulder, chest, or back. I usually growl "be quiet" and dramatically throw the covers over my head.
Give the gift of life, it will change yours

Whiskey snores curled up next to me joyfully oblivious that Boris is even alive. The annoying one will keep up with his Mariah Carey vocal skills until I threaten him with stories of cats who live outside and don't get canned food.

When I do finally get out of bed instead of rushing off for a day of standing in line with hundreds of others hoping to get one of three in stock 50 % off iPads or drastically reduced Lady Schick razors, I will spend the day doing Black Friday my way, playing with two black cats.
The best way to spend Black Friday

During this day of shopping frenzy with


Christmas carols blaring, credit card friction burns and people shoving carts where they don't belong, there is gift that will warm your heart for years to come. Many animal shelters and rescue organizations waive or reduce adoption fees the day after Thanksgiving for animals with black fur
Proof that black cats aren't evil



I say put down that best boss coffee mug, toss aside that juicer Aunt Matilda will only use for a week, and for God's sake how many different salt and pepper shakers does your grandmother need. Check in with your local shelter and get in line for a doorbuster that really matters--that of a cage door busting open releasing the purest example you will ever find of unconditional love. Please, adopt don't shop this holiday season.

Psst... If you are going to take part in traditional Black Friday fanfare, Whiskey wants treats and Boris wants toys with feathers, and that the living room be turned into a giant cat tree and condo. He has removed the blinds and clawed his way through the arm of the couch to help with construction.  He is such a giver.

Every Color Deserves a Forever Home
Follow us at Facebook.com/CatNoirCC for daily photos. 
We would also love more friends on Twitter and Instagram. 

Comments

Greatest Hits