Dia de Los Muertos and Thankful November

Dia de Los Muertos is a holiday celebrating life and honoring the departed.
Well, now that you mention it, I am handsome.
It is a time to welcome the spirits of family members who have died. In my case, that includes the many wonderful pets I have been lucky enough to share my life with. 


Mom, I don't want to dress up. I want to play.
Today is also the start of Thankful November. I am thankful for all the people who have supported Cat Noir CC since it started in late July. We now have more than 300 followers on twitter, more than 200 page likes on facebook.com/CatNoirCC and of course you guys who subscribe to the blog. We are looking for more subscribers because those numbers as well as Facebook's are what helps get the message out to more people. 

If you have a friend who loves cats, please share the blog with them. If you have no friends, I can introduce you to people, but they aren't as cool as cats. 
Whiskey at his finest while clearly doing mind control

This is the first time in my life I have put clothing on a pet, but I couldn't resist. Boris was pretty much a breeze, which is odd since he creates so much havoc with everything else. Whiskey is a large cat with a big head, huge teeth and powerful paws, thus not only do collars and other such things fail to fit him, but it can be a dangerous feat to attempt. Oddly, he was so jealous of Boris and the tie that he walked up, put his paw on the middle of Boris's back and bit him. Then he displayed some other aggressive behavior that is normally reserved for when his little brother is driving him nuts. 

Not wanting to let my  4.0 in psychology go to waste, cat therapy began. I brought the tie over to Whiskey and it fit, better yet, I'm still alive. He wore it until I took it off of him for dinner. My gag reflex doesn't go well with cleaning wet cat food off of ties. 


Whiskey realizing he is wearing a tie.
I must go, another day in the physical world awaits. Boris just came scampering in with his favorite ball that he had taken outside and that is now tangled with rotting leafs. Thankfully he dropped it on my desk right next to the computer. I can take a hint.

"To live in hearts we leave behind
Is not to die."

~Thomas Campbell, "Hallowed Ground"

One more of Boris because he is so damn cute
 


Comments

  1. Love the last two pictures. Following the blog now :)

    Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Thank you for subscribing. Whiskey and Boris send head butts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Greatest Hits